1. Do you build your own replacement bumpers?
Yes, Fab Fours designs and builds plate steel replacement winch bumpers for Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Toyota and Nissan. Everything is made here in Charlotte, NC. Hand finished and hand welded. We are proud to manufacturer our products in the USA using skilled craftsman and not robots.
2. Do you have a booth at the SEMA show?
Yes, we are SEMA members and regular exhibitors at the show. Check out www.semashow.com for more info. Come by the booth and say Hi!
3. Are the lights included with the bumpers?
Yes, the FAB FOURS' 90mm fog lights and 60mm turn signals are included with every bumper were they are pictured. The lights come complete with all the wiring as well.
4. What winches fit in your bumpers?
Our 3/4 ton and up full size truck bumpers are all built to take the WARN 16.5 or smaller or any of the other brands with a similar size and bolt pattern. For the mid size bumpers we recommend anything in the 9500 pound range or smaller. If you have any questions about a particular winch feel free to call us. 866-469-9056
5. Do your bumpers affect the airbag functionality?
No, one misconception of airbags is that the bumpers affect the airbag to work, this is not true. Actually there is a sensor that activates the deployment of the airbag. Airbag sensors detect the crash and then send an electrical signal to fire the airbags, sensors measure deceleration, which is the rate at which the vehicle slows down. Sensors are located either in the front of the vehicle and/or in the passenger compartment.
8. Is Fab Fours connected in any way to any of the other bumper companies that are out there?
Not at all. No one at Fab Fours has ever owned or operated or even worked at another bumper manufacturer. Fab Fours was started in 2005 by two friends and off-road enthusiasts that were working outside of the automotive aftermarket.
9. On your Ford superduty front bumper, what is the ease of installation and how long would it take? Can I do this myself or would I have to have someone professionally install it?
The installation is all bolt on, no welding required. You and 2 buddies can do this install yourself. It has been taking us around an hour or two to get it installed, lined up correctly and get the lights working. You can have a shop install it for you, but what fun is that going to be?
10. Do I have to cut or weld my new truck to fit one of your bumpers?
No, we have designed our bumpers so that they are bolt-on. No cutting or welding needed.
11. What is the finish on the bumpers?
The standard finish from the factory is a 2 stage black powder coat. We is an epoxy primer and a semi gloss semi textured top coat. Basically a flat black powder coat. The bumpers are also available in bare steel to be customed colored or finished.